The Governing Body at Stanbury Village School works in close partnership with the Headteacher and staff. Whilst the Headteacher is responsible for the day to day running of the school, the governors are involved in setting the overall strategic direction of the school. It ensures the school functions well and maintains the range of academic and social objectives.
Membership of the Governing Body includes parents, teaching staff and representatives from the local community and the Local Authority.
The Governing Body has a range of powers and duties laid down by various Education Acts. In the main, these responsibilities relate to:
- setting the aims of the school and agreeing a wide range of policies;
- holding the school to account for standards and pupils’ progress;
- ensuring the curriculum for the school is broad and balanced
- preparing the annual school budget and monitoring expenditure;
- appointing school staff;
- ensuring that the school building and other facilities are maintained;
- keeping in touch with parents and the local community;
Governors discharge the above responsibilities, together with many others, through a Governing Body meeting each half term. These formal meetings are supplemented by committee-meetings dealing with more specific issues and by Governors who have specific areas of responsibility within the school.
Minutes of meetings are agreed and approved by the Governors and each committee at its next meeting. Minutes are available on request once they have been approved. Please contact the school office for further details.
Please use the links below to access further information regarding our Governing Body: